Are you unhappy? Do you feel worthless? Are you unusually tired? You may be depressed.
Depressed people feel extremely sad and in despair for an extended period of time and are unable to lift their mood on their own. Depression interferes with their work and social life. Does this sound like you?
If you're worried you might be depressed, check how you're feeling against this list of depression symptoms:
- Overwhelming feelings of sadness or grief
- Feeling worthless, helpless or hopeless
- Preoccupation with failure and inadequacy
- Tendency to cry easily
- Loss of energy
- Sleeping more (or less) than usual
- Eating more (or less) than usual
- Difficulty thinking, concentrating or making decisions
- Loss of interest in work, hobbies, people
- Decreased sex drive
- Feeling unreasonably guilty
- Thoughts of death or suicide
Can depression be treated?
Yes – psychotherapy is a proven treatment for depression, and I have personally helped many patients with depression improve their mood and live a healthier, more stable life. Research shows that the single largest cause of depression is psychological injury – from childhood traumas, adverse childhood events, and stressful life events in adulthood. I can help you identify what is causing your depression and help you deal with these causes effectively. This leads to the development of a more positive outlook on your life.
Are you ready to
overcome your depression?